Here I am again, I just spent the day wandering around Panama City. It was long and tiring, and I´m still not quite sure how the public transportation system works (and I don´t think I ever will completely, it´s pretty crazy). I´ve been on at least 20 Diablos Rojos within the past 3 days, and I´m ready to be done for a few days. The Diablos Rojos are ancient school buses that Panama bought from the US for their public transit, and they are all pretty trashed inside, but they are all painted up and decorated. They are really cheap though, only a quarter per bus. I wish I could post pictures right now, but I am unable. I am very tired n
ow, and I still have to catch another bus back to Santa Clara. Right now I´m at the bus te
rminal.
Tomorrow we are going to go see the waterfall by Santa Clara. Also, tomorrow are the big elections, which is going to be rather interesting. I´m already tired of all the campaigning, especially because we just went through the same thin
g in America. I´m a little too tired to remember what it is I was going to write yesterday when I ran out of time.
Oh, today is Chloroquine Saturday so it´s time to take my malaria prophilaxis. We just got told about all sorts of tropical diseases we could catch, most of them insect related. So mostly what I have to do is wear the DEET and use my mosquito net. I wonder if there are any horrible side effects of wearing insect repellant for two years straight. . . . but it is probably better than getting the flesh-eating virus or dengue fever.
Well, that´s about all I have to say right now. Time to ride ANOTHER bus, and then I´ll go home and crash. Except I have 50 pages of spanish homework to do still, not to mention reading for my technical class. Crap. Well, I will work until I pass out I guess. There is definitely not a whole lot of spare time right now. Anyhoo, I hope everything is going well back home. Later dudes!
Tomorrow we are going to go see the waterfall by Santa Clara. Also, tomorrow are the big elections, which is going to be rather interesting. I´m already tired of all the campaigning, especially because we just went through the same thin
Oh, today is Chloroquine Saturday so it´s time to take my malaria prophilaxis. We just got told about all sorts of tropical diseases we could catch, most of them insect related. So mostly what I have to do is wear the DEET and use my mosquito net. I wonder if there are any horrible side effects of wearing insect repellant for two years straight. . . . but it is probably better than getting the flesh-eating virus or dengue fever.
Well, that´s about all I have to say right now. Time to ride ANOTHER bus, and then I´ll go home and crash. Except I have 50 pages of spanish homework to do still, not to mention reading for my technical class. Crap. Well, I will work until I pass out I guess. There is definitely not a whole lot of spare time right now. Anyhoo, I hope everything is going well back home. Later dudes!
Hang in there P.J. Your old dadoo loves you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your doing alot of hard work. Good girl!
ReplyDeleteHorrible side effects may include diarreah. Deafness. Projectile vomiting. Visions of Satan. The condition known as "Hotdog Finger". Talking to ones self. Answering ones self. Etc. etc.
ReplyDeleteNah... Im sure all that DEET is good for ya! ;)