Wow still really busy, that's pretty much my report for now. I am trying like crazy to get the loose ends wrapped up for the leadership seminar, which includes counting on flaky panamanians but I think it will all work out in the end. Today I waited for hours for my manuals to get printed, and I finally got them but they were printed on legal sized paper which makes them 50% heavier and they weren't even stapled. So anyway, at least I have them although I was starting to get stressed out there for a minute because I had waited for two hours and asked if they were about finished and they handed me a stack of about five and asked if that was all I needed and I told them I needed 30 and they said that they didn't have that much paper. I almost freaked out but then I remembered that Vigil said that that they already had 16 copies made and then they brought out the rest. Whew!
This week I hosted a couple visitors, Ryu Suzuki the former regional leader who has been in Panama for 3 1/2 years and is finally headed out, and his friend visiting from the states. My neighbors each got a cat too, so that eliminates my need to get one. I think they were waiting for me to get one but got sick of waiting (like I get sick of waiting for them) but the little black one caught a mouse in my house the night that Ryu and Erin were there. You go kitty!
I also visited the town of Pena Blanca with Carlos Vigil from Proyecto Ngabe Bugle and it was pretty interesting. It is about 4-6 hours walking from Chichica or a two hour car ride on an extreme four wheel drive road. I thought I would get whiplash or something, and one time we were going up one of the steep parts but there was so much deep dust that the tires couldn't get traction and we almost didn't make it back up. I have some photos of the mountain but unfortunately I have yet again chosen a retarded computer that won't read the files on my camera. So you'll have to wait till I get home to see.
Well, I'm sure that there is something else to say but I need to get back up to Chichica asap for I have much to do todavia.
I don't know if I'll have time to post while I am traveling next week, I doubt it unless there is time to kill while waiting for flight connections. Well, see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment