It has come down to this. Something must be done about the rain here in Panama. It rains entirely too much here, and it is disturbing my personal activities, therefore it must be stopped. Does anyone have any ideas about how to do this? Let's brainstorm for a minute. Ideas: create some kind of giant fan or solar magnification device to dry out the clouds; reverse cloud seeding; build a giant bubble dome over the entire country; there are so many options!
My original plan was to sacrifice myself to the rain gods on top of Baru Volcano, but the gods had other plans and decided that they prefer to torment the residents of Panama rather than recieve a sacrifice, so they decided to pour a torrent of rain and create a dense cloud cover that would make it either impossible or completely irrelevant to climb said volcano. Hence we were disappointed in our little venture.
However, we decided to hike the Quetzal Trail, or at least part of it. I think we ended up hiking more than the length of the full trail, but that is just my theory. I am in good shape for hiking, but this was a little difficult for me because the altitude was affecting my ability to get air to my leg muscles and there were lots of parts that were quite steep and a little technical because parts of the trail have been damaged. Plus my pants are way too big for me, and they kept sliding down making it difficult to lift my legs to climb the steep parts. The trail was pretty, at times muddy, but the clouds rolled in after about 20 minutes of decent sunlight. Go figure. I guess it is technically a cloud forest, but we can surely change that with one of the genius ideas that one of you will send me.
And now here I am again, back at the hostel in Boquete. Some guys gave us a free ride back down the mountain, which was nice. And now I am looking forward to a good dinner that does not include PBJs, which are great but after three or five of them they get old. Maybe a little ice cream is in order, or a nice spiced chai. Mmmm. Life is good in Boquete. Tomorrow I will go home early in order to get back in time for the next tourism meeting. Hopefully that goes well. Maybe I'll have time to get a haircut in David while I'm there, we'll see. I haven't had a haircut since I've come to Panama and the ends are getting a little ragged and very shapeless. Anyways, that is all for now, and for the record I am now on Facebook even though I resisted for so many years. I wanted to catch up a little with some old friends. Well, until next time. . .
Jenny, all you have to do is WANT rain and you won't get any...at least that's my theory. I've wanted it to rain all Summer and it's been bone dry here. Oh well. Con amorcito, Dadoo the awesome.
ReplyDeleteOk, I will change tactics. I want it to rain non-stop all the month of October! (And it actually will!) :)
ReplyDelete