
Mile
Tourism group hiking to the waterfalls
Rey and Deisy
¡Está saliendo la Tuli Vieja de leyende local!
Me and Rubén
Some of the members of the tourism group
Me getting wet in the waterfall
Hey all, I have been really busy lately (surprise surprise) because in spite of all odds, work has been flowing in steadily. The tourism group has suddenly become active and with that there is a plethora of activities and meetings to attend, so I have been busy with that several days a week. We have meetings once or twice a week, and it seems like nothing really gets accomplished or established because we keep having to wait for other members to come or redo what we have already done. We have been working on making a design and budget for some cabañas, but that has already used up three meetings on something that should be relatively simple. This last monday we had made plans to visit a waterfall to evaluate the tourism possiblities and practice giving tours, and when I showed up the guy from the ministry of tourism that had promised to be there said he couldnt come, so the group wanted to cancel the hike and just have another meeting to rehash what we had already been doing, but I insisted on doing the hike. I told them that we could talk about all that during and afterwards, but we really needed to get something else accomplished. And then on the "tour" they didn{t really do any guiding, just walked me over and that is all. So at least I know that we need to work on their guiding skills.
I have also been going to David every weekend for the last month for two reasons: I have a lot of work to do on the computer that I never quite seem to get all the way done, and I have been hanging out with my boyfriend Mile because there is not a whole lot we can do in Chichica without being the center of attention. In fact, we have been trying to keep it secret there for the most part, just because it would create so much gossip. It is really a strange situation because of that, and also the fact that he has classes during the morning when it is not raining, and in the afternoon when it is raining everything shuts down because it is miserable to go anywhere. So basically I only see him for my english class during the week and he has come down to my house a couple times but that is annoying too because my neighbors watch us intently. Plus he is such a pansy about the mud! So we have been hanging out in David on the weekends, where there isn´t really that much more to do but at least nobody is staring!
So between all this there hasn´t been a whole lot of spare time to do my laundry. . . it keeps stacking up until it becomes unmanageable. And my poor neglected garden, I really need to go over and see if I have any okra to pick. I´m sure it´s ready by now. The corn turned out really pathetic, but at least there was a little bit to give to my chickens. The only thing that really grew well was the okra and the yuca, which all you have to do is stick a stick in the ground and it grows like a weed with no help at all. At least I´ll have plenty of yuca come the dry season.
Well, my internet time is running out again, inspite of the fact that I have already been on it for about 10 hours these last two days, and I still haven´t finished everything on my list to do. So I will go now, and later I will look for some kind of sweet treat because it sounds really good, maybe ice cream or something. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment