Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some rest would be nice. . .





Hi everyone in Americaland, things have been crazy busy for me lately. I literally have no spare moments during the day, because there are always at least 3 things I need to be doing at the same time, whether it be hauling materials for the house, preparing lessons or teaching class, washing my filthy muddy laundry (which has doubled in volume because I have to wear two outfits a day, one for labor and one for the classroom), participating in community activities, etc. Also, a large chunk of my day is eaten up by walking time, eating, and bathing. However, I didnt get to bathe last night because there was no water and it didnt rain, and it was dark by the time I could walk down to the aquaduct. So I took a baby wipe bath, which is hardly sufficient but what can you do?
However, Im happy to report that I will be moving into my house on Saturday. The above pictures are the house without part of the walls, windows, doors, and floor, but it will have all of the above by the end of today. Thank goodness, I am getting tired! But I have to travel to Boquete two times this month, first for a conference on womens health, then I have to come back and give a speech about business administration (which Im really not quite sure what that entails at this point but Ill worry about that in a couple days), and then back to Boquete for a Peace Corps regional meeting. I hope I have enough money for the travel, if not I may have to dip into my U.S. bank account.
I have also started working with the tourism group on making action plans, and the plans sound good. The only thing is, I hope that they actually get carried out. I have a great ally in Marietta, she is a really impressive lady even by American standards in terms of getting things done and being an example and leader in her community. So hopefully we can get the ball rolling and keep it rolling.
Anyway, I am out of time for now, I have to go buy hinges and locks for my doors and windows and be back by 1:00, so TTFN
Regards,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, the house looks like it's coming along nicely! How excited you must be. I am in the process of putting some $ into your US account sso don't worry about it. Things here are great! Love you...Dadoo

    ReplyDelete