Hello everyone, Yes, my camera stinks like dirty feet. I think the strap has gone moldy, guess I need to wash it. Guess what, I have a special treat for you. You get to learn how I wash clothes here in Panama! Hooray! Just imagine having to do this for every article of clothing that you wear, and if you don´t keep on top of it (as I have a habit of doing). Actually my neighbors just got a giant tank to store water so I might not have to go to the stream anymore, which is fine with me. I don´t fancy washing my clothes in the stream that the cows live by.
So anyway, I am here in San Felix again because I need to talk to the various agencies. I actually got a free ride down here and got here in only an hour to boot! One of my bosses, Sonia, came to visit me in Chichica for my second and last visit from my boss. She offered to take me on down to San Felix, so I took her up on that offer and it saved me a lot of trouble. It was nice to see her, Sonia is a great person and is fun to talk to. She is also very easy to understand, which always helps.
The only thing that seems to be producing in my garden right now is the cucumber, which really isn´t my favorite. The butternut squash grew quite nicely, but all of a sudden it just died and I don´t think the little squashlings are ready yet, but I saved one just to see. The corn is beginning to grow ears, which is a good sign, and the yuca is getting bigger but probably won´t be ready until just before I have to leave. The beans are probably just about ready though. I didn´t plant much, and I´m sure my neighbors think that my garden is pathetic (I actually heard through the grapevine that Encarnaciona said it was "ugly") but whatever. If I get anything out of it I´ll be happy.
Hmmm, this video is taking forever to process. What else is there to say? Oh great, error. Well, we´ll start over again. Yay for the efficiency of technology. Hmm, what shall I eat for dinner tonight? For lunch Sonia and I ate rice, avocado and fried egg. It was tasty. Maybe I´ll get some ice cream or something. Man, I hope the video takes hold this time, my butt hurts and I want to get up and go. But I also have to charge my iPod, which I can only do at the computer so I have to stay longer. Oh well.
SO, how´s the weather? It´s raining a lot more here, which means lots of mud. My choice of footwear has shifted back to the rubber boots. It is a little cooler as well although I still sweat plenty. I bet it is hot as hades back in Utah though. Ha ha, sucks to be you! Grrr, why isn´t this video working? Some computers (the rare ones) put stuff up so fast, and others don´t work at all. It´s so annoying.
OK, so after much time it is still not working. I will try and do it again tomorrow on a different computer and see what happens. Sorry, check back again later.
No comments:
Post a Comment